Adaptive Web based Information System (AWIS) for a travel agency
Opodo is a travel agency which gives solution for user queries for citybreaks, flight bookings, hotel bookings etc based on user preferences. User can set a lot of preferences in his queries and then retrieve preferred solutions.
To design an adaptive information system and introduce a user model in order to answer user queries based on certain adaptation rules.
- Restructured the information on the website www.opodo.co.uk into chunks, flight break, Hotel booking etc.
Developed Adaptation rules for three equivalence classes (good, bad and average) of City Breaks.
- Different adaptation strategies like Annotation, Direct Guidance, Hiding and Sorting applied.
- A relevant User model was developed to describe user characteristics for adaptation purposes.
- Modelled the information system in F-logic. Framed the rules in F-logic.
- Successfully Queried and retrieved individuals in Ontobroker.
- Developed ontology in OWL (Web Ontology Language)
- Tranferred the rules from F-logic to Description Logic by specifying constraints in form of "Necessary and Sufficient conditions" of classes.
- Successfully computed the individuals as good, bad and average city breaks using Protege as tool.
- Documented the problems faced in OWL model, shortcomings of OWL model and how they were overcome.