Usability Evaluation of IU Webmail
This project was done as part of Usability and Evaluation mathods for Interaction Design course. This project was done under co-guidance of Tara Bazler, Manager User Experience group for UITS support.
To conduct and report a Usability Test for IU Webmail.
- Created a brief description of profiles of target subjects (users) and started recruiting them.
- Prepared consent form, pre-test questionnaire, post-test questionnaire and script for the test.
- Conducted the test on three users who met the target user group profile.
- Facial expressions and think-aloud protocol was recorded using webcam, while the screen was recorded using camtasia.
- Quantitative and qualitative data from the tests was recorded and graphs were plotted to visualise the results.
- Based on the results certain recommendations were made to improve the usability of features in IU Webmail.